As of June 17, 2020: Sunfox Covid-19 Protocol. Please read carefully, and take all steps to keep you and your family safe.
Updated 8/5/20: If traveling from a state on the CT quarantine list (which is updated each Tuesday), please see the following CT link regarding quarantine requirements. https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/travel
CT campgrounds were able to re-open for recreational camping in Phase 1 on May 20, 2020, with Phase 2 commencing June 17. There are numerous guidelines in place to minimize the risk of transmitting or acquiring Coronavirus. Many of these measures are detailed at the CDC (Center for Disease Control) Website, as well as on the CT Covid-19 Website, with specific requirements for various businesses models that have re-opened.
- If you or any member of your camping party is not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home. Call us at 860-376-1081 to cancel your reservation.
- If you or any member of your camping party is part of an “at risk” group, please remain at home. This would include, but is not limited to, the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions, particularly if respiratory.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your camping party, including children, adhere to the guidelines. Failure to do so may result in confinement to your campsite.
- Please try to pack and bring everything you will need for your stay. Although the campground store will be open with a walk-up window, items are limited and measures are in place to minimize visits to the store. In addition, while local venues such as Wal-Mart are open, there are sometimes long lines.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between non-members of the same household should be practiced whenever possible.
- Masks are encouraged at any time when social distancing is difficult. Masks are required if entering the store (adults only, 1 customer at a time), and masks are required at campground-run activities where social distancing is difficult. Frequent hand washing is encouraged.
- Jumping Pillow: Open with a limit of jumpers, and social distancing/masks if not from same household.
- Climbing Net: Open with a limit of climbers, and social distancing/masks if not from same household.
- Swings and Spring Toys: Open, with hand-washing encouraged. No more than 1 rider on Nest Swing unless same household.
- Playscape: Open with a limit of users, and social distancing/masks if not from same household.
- Mini Golf: Open. Masks encouraged, and social distancing required. $2 per player. Balls and clubs disinfected after each use.
- Ga Ga Ball Pit: Open with limited number of players, and masks if playing with those from a different household.
Beach and Pond:
- Fishing is permitted (catch and release), and no license is required. The pond has recently been stocked with over 100 trout, and there are also bass and other species of fish in the pond. No fishing from the dock or within the beach area. Please allow proper distancing.
- Our turbo-chute waterslide into the pond requires sled rentals, which must be returned for sanitizing after use. Do not share sled with non-family members.
- The beach area is open. Social distancing in effect, and masks encouraged. Swimming in the pond is permitted. No lifeguard on duty. Do not wear a mask when swimming (unless it is a swimming type mask).
- Paddleboats, paddleboards, kayaks and Corcls are available for rent ($5 or season pass of $20). Only 1 person on any device unless from same immediate family. Hand washing encouraged.
Store and Office:
- Masks must be worn by any adult entering the lodge to access the store/office. Social distancing of 6 feet is in place, and only 1 adult at a time should enter the store area. One “on deck” shopper may wait just outside the store entrance, while any others may wait outside the lodge at 6-foot intervals.
- No children are permitted in the lodge. Purchases may be made at the outdoor window, and masks should be worn
- Laundry: We are hoping that our weekend campers can make it 2-3 days without needing to do laundry. In an emergency, 1 adult only in the laundry area. Requesting that our long-term campers avoid using the laundry on the weekends.
Swimming Pool and Adult Hot Tub: Pool and Adult Hot Tub opened June 17. Social distancing between non-family members will be required on deck and in pool. While our pool and hot tub utilize UV and Ozone purification, we will also be raising the chlorine levels slightly. Our pool capacity, based on the 50% rule, is 54.5 swimmers. Adult Hot tub capacity of 4 non-family members spaced 6 feet apart, in a square (or 6 persons if 3 pairs of immediate family members are spaced 6 feet apart, triangularly). On the pool deck, keep 6 feet between non-household groups, and keep walkways clear. Guests are permitted to bring their own small chairs, and to utilize the vast areas outside the fenced pool complex. When occupying any chair, please leave a towel in place. If departing, please inform attendant, and chair will be disinfected prior to next use. Water fountain for filling water bottles only (no fountain-to-mouth use).
Recreational Activities: Some of our traditional activities are not readily adaptable to the social distancing restrictions, or limitations on indoor areas (such as Bingo). Events such as kickball and dodgeball have returned in Phase 2 (June 17), while a few will still be prohibited (ie. tug-of-war, Karaoke). However, some activities that are still able to take place will require modifications (Zoom Bingo, for instance). If you or your child opts to participate in any of our scheduled events and activities, the following will be required:
- A mask must be worn when participating in any campground activity where social distancing is difficult.
- Social distancing of 6 feet should be practiced.
- Hands should be washed at the conclusion of the event.
Campsites: Please do not gather in groups larger than permitted, and please respect social distancing of 6 feet between non-family members. Please keep sufficient distance between camping units on adjacent sites. If having other campers join you at your site, please adhere to distancing requirements. Although paid visitors are permitted, please adhere to current CT gathering standards.
Rec Hall: With limited capacity and social distancing, the Rec Hall will be open in Phase 2 (June 17) for limited billiards (masks and an adult presence required) and limited seating for Bingo (see below).
Bingo: Starting June 17, with Phase 2, the rec hall may only be used at 50% capacity with social distancing between any “family tables” for Bingo, which will limit indoor seating. We will continue to conduct “outdoor Bingo” at tables near Rec Hall (no smoking) with social distancing, as well as on-line Zoom playing.
Bathrooms & Showers: While the CDC suggests avoiding public restrooms and showers when possible (this encourages you to use your own RV bathroom, so make sure Dad packs the Febreze), our restrooms are open and will be cleaned multiple times each day.
Fox Den Snack Bar: The rules pertaining to food service operations are separate and very detailed. Essentially, while outdoor seating is permitted, the tables must be significantly spaced. It is suggested that one masked adult from the family proceed to the window to place an order from the published menu. Please respect social distancing when waiting to place an order or awaiting food.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and effort in helping to keep themselves and their fellow campers safe. The latest guidance from CDC indicates that masks, social distancing and hand-washing work very well, as the transmission is down and is almost exclusively person to person, particularly indoors. The risk of transmission through surface contact and objects appears to be minimal, and is reduced even more by frequent hand washing. Please be sure to wear your mask when social distancing becomes difficult, or when interacting with staff & other campers. We have taken additional measures, such as purchasing a larger wagon for socially distant wagon rides, and are in the process of clearing trees for a large tent to accommodate outdoor Bingo and dances.