Sunfox Covid-19 Protocols for 2021. Please read carefully, and take all steps to help keep you and your family safe.
Based on CDC, State of CT and local DPH guidance, there are numerous guidelines in place to minimize the risk of transmitting or acquiring Coronavirus. Many of these measures are detailed at the CDC (Center for Disease Control) Website, as well as on the CT Covid-19 Website, with specific requirements for various businesses models that have re-opened. Please note that these guidelines are constantly evolving, and may not reflect the most recent changes issued.
- If you or any member of your camping party is not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home. Call us at 860-376-1081 to cancel your reservation.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your camping party, including children, adhere to the guidelines. Failure to do so may result in confinement to your campsite.
- Please try to pack and bring everything you will need for your stay. Although the campground store will be open with a walk-up window, items are limited and measures are in place to minimize visits to the store.
- Social distancing between non-members of the same household, especially among those who have not been vaccinated, should be practiced whenever possible.
- Masks are encouraged at any time when social distancing is difficult. Masks are required if entering our store/office (adults only, unless children are accompanied by an adult, 2-3 customers at a time), and masks are required at campground-run activities where social distancing is difficult. Frequent hand washing is encouraged.
- Jumping Pillow: Open with a limit of jumpers, and social distancing/masks if not from same household.
- Climbing Net: Open with a limit of climbers, and social distancing/masks if not from same household.
- Swings and Spring Toys: Open, with hand-washing encouraged. No more than 1 rider on Nest Swing unless same household.
- Playscape: Open with a limit of users, and social distancing/masks if not from same household.
- Ga Ga Ball Pit: Open with limited number of players, and masks encouraged if playing with those from a different household.
Beach and Pond:
- Fishing is permitted (catch and release), and no license is required. The pond has recently been stocked with over 100 trout, and there are also bass and other species of fish in the pond. No fishing from the dock or within the beach area. Please allow proper distancing.
- Our turbo-chute waterslide requires the sled rental ($5 for 2 hrs). Please return sled after use for sanitization.
- The beach area is open. Social distancing in effect, and masks encouraged. Swimming in the pond is permitted. No lifeguard on duty. Do not wear a mask when swimming (unless it is a swimming type mask).
- Paddleboats, paddleboards, kayaks and Corcls are available for rent ($5 for 2 hrs or season pass of $20). Only 1 person on any device unless from same immediate family. Hand washing after use is encouraged.
Store and Office:
- Please use our walk-up window whenever possible. Masks must be worn by any adult entering the lodge to access the store/office. Social distancing is in place, and only 1-2 adults at a time should enter the store area. Children with masks are permitted when accompanied by an adult. One “on deck” shopper may wait just outside the store entrance, while any others may wait outside the lodge at 6-foot intervals.
- No children are permitted in the upper lodge area, unless entering the store with an adult. Purchases may be made at the outdoor window, and masks should be worn
- Laundry: We are hoping that our weekend campers can make it 2-3 days without needing to do laundry. In an emergency, 1 adult only in the laundry area. Requesting that our long-term campers avoid using the laundry on the weekends.
Swimming Pool and Adult Hot Tub: Pool and Adult Hot Tub are scheduled to open May 7 and close Sept 19. Please practice social distancing between non-family members on deck and in pool. While our pool and hot tub utilize UV and Ozone purification, we will also be raising the chlorine levels slightly. Our pool capacity, based on the 50% rule, is 54.5 swimmers. Adult Hot tub capacity of 4 non-family members spaced 6 feet apart, in a square (or 6 persons if 3 pairs of immediate family members are spaced 6 feet apart, triangularly). On the pool deck, keep distance between non-household groups, and keep walkways clear. Guests are permitted to bring their own small chairs, and to utilize the vast areas outside the fenced pool complex. When occupying any chair, please leave a towel in place. Disinfecting spray is available to sanitize chairs. Water fountain for filling water bottles only (no fountain-to-mouth use).
Recreational Activities: Some of our traditional activities are not readily adaptable to the social distancing restrictions, or limitations on indoor areas (such as Bingo, now at the Event Tent). Events such as kickball and dodgeball have returned, while a few may still be prohibited (ie. tug-of-war, Karaoke). However, some activities that are still able to take place will require modifications (Zoom Bingo, for instance). If you or your child opts to participate in any of our scheduled events and activities, the following will be required:
- A mask must be worn when participating in any campground activity where social distancing is difficult, such as the wagon ride.
- Social distancing should be practiced, and masks are still encouraged, especially if unvaccinated.
- Hands should be washed at the conclusion of the event.
Campsites: Please do not gather in large groups, and please respect social distancing between unvaccinated non-family members. Please keep sufficient distance between camping units on adjacent sites. If having other campers join you at your site, please adhere to distancing requirements. Although paid visitors are permitted, please adhere to current CT gathering standards.
Rec Hall: Masks are required for those using the Rec Hall. With limited capacity and social distancing, the Rec Hall will be open for billiards (pool), air hockey and foosball. “Hanging out” inside is not permitted, and seating will be removed or restricted.
Bingo: We will continue to conduct “outdoor Bingo” at socially distant tables at our new tent across the pond (no smoking), as well as on-line Zoom playing for some sessions.
Bathrooms & Showers: While the CDC suggests avoiding public restrooms and showers when possible (this encourages you to use your own RV bathroom, so make sure Dad packs the Febreze), our restrooms are open and will be cleaned multiple times each day.
Fox Den Snack Bar: The rules pertaining to food service operations are separate and very detailed. Essentially, while outdoor seating is permitted, the tables must be significantly spaced. It is suggested that one masked adult from the family proceed to the window to place an order from the published menu. Please respect social distancing when waiting to place an order or awaiting food. The snack bar is expected to be open weekends from Mother’s Day through Halloween.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and effort in helping to keep themselves and their fellow campers safe. The latest guidance from CDC indicates that vaccinations, masks, social distancing and hand-washing work very well, as the transmission is down and is almost exclusively person to person, particularly indoors. The risk of transmission through surface contact and objects appears to be minimal, and is reduced even more by frequent hand washing. Please be sure to wear your mask when social distancing becomes difficult, or when interacting with staff & other campers. Thank you!