Sunfox added 3 beach volleyball courts, and in addition to utilizing them for our campers, we also offer a summer league for co-ed adult teams on Tuesday evenings, as well as court time, instruction and games for local high school athletes on Wednesdays (see below)
2023 Sunfox Summer Co-Ed Volleyball Tuesday Night League Format
Welcome to the 5th season of this league! We’re thrilled to be able to provide you with this opportunity to gather with friends new and old and play this great sport! We encourage your feedback as we strive to make this a positive experience for everyone involved and hope this is just the 4th of many seasons to come! Play hard ~ but most importantly ~ Have FUN!!
PLEASE NOTE: We have officially moved our entire league to Sunfox Campground.
PARKING –You may park on the stones right next to the courts, along the stream beyond the courts, and where the old courts used to be.
PLEASE NOTE: We are guests to this campground! Please keep the speed down to a minimum when driving through the neighborhood and into the campground. Please be mindful and respectful of this, as repeat offenders may be excluded from play.
FEES & FORMALITIES –
* The cost per team to participate for the season is $150.00 for up to 8 players. Additional players added to your roster at a cost of $10/player, while subs must pay $5 per day they play. We also welcome non-committing players to be part of the “sub pool”, allowing them to play for any team any night (but ineligible for play-offs unless added to roster and having played in at least 1/2 of scheduled matches for that team).
* Each player must complete and sign the registration/waiver form before stepping on the court.
* Players of age 14-17 years who will have completed 9th grade in 2023 will be allowed to play provided their parent or legal guardian has signed the waiver. Additionally, a responsible adult representing the player must remain on-site either as a player or spectator, otherwise the underage player will not be eligible to participate.
* Team Captains – Complete the team registration form and fees register and return with all fees collected by Tuesday June 13th, 2023. Include signed waivers for each of your team members.
***** Subs MUST PAY $5 – Each day they play for a team****
MATCH NIGHTS & COURT PREP –
* Courts 1, 2, and 3 are located at Sunfox Campground; 15 Kenyon Rd in Lisbon.
* 6:00 – These teams MUST ARRIVE BY 5:45 to adjust boundary lines and rake the courts. The 3rd game must begin by 6:40 otherwise it will be played to a score of 15; cap of 17 to clear the courts by 6:55.
* 7:00 – These teams must arrive by 6:55 to rake courts.
* Net height will be 7’ 8’’.
SCHEDULE & ROSTERS –
* Matches will be played on Tuesday evenings through the summer (May 30-Sept 5, excluding July 4th), with open court practice available on May 16 & May 23.
* Weather Permitted, there will be a decision made between the league director and Sunfox campground about game cancellation. Captains will be contacted once a decision is made. Captains will be responsible for telling their teams.
* Storm night cancellations will be made by 5:00 with notifications made to Captains via text message and/or email.
* Canceled matches will be added throughout the season on open courts or at the end of the season if needed.
* Season schedules will be emailed to each Captain.
* Players must compete in a minimum of ½ of the regular season to be eligible to compete in playoffs, although players can be added to a roster throughout the season with payment of applicable fees.
* Sub-pool players can compete in more than one match per night.
* Sub-pool players ARE NOT eligible to compete in playoffs unless they have become a permanent member of a team and have met the minimum of ½ of the season requirement on that team’s roster.
* A forfeit of the 1st game of the match will be called at 20 minutes past the scheduled start time of the match, at 30 minutes past scheduled match start time for the 2nd game, and at 40 minutes past the scheduled match start time for the 3rd game.
* If both Captains are in agreement, a forfeit may be avoided by rescheduling a match if an open court is in fact available that evening or on another compatible date.
OFFICIATING, SCORING & STANDINGS –
* A scorebook will be at each court. Captains must sign each team player in.
* Home team is the first team listed on the score sheet and has the choice of serve OR side.
* Captains are to record each game score in the corresponding book.
* A copy of each player’s emergency contact information will be in each scorebook and/or all contacts will be kept in a binder on site.
* Matches consist of 3 games to 21 with a cap of 25; rally point scoring.
* To minimize team costs, matches will be self-officiated and self-scored. “Do-overs” are encouraged to avoid conflict on a judgment call.
* The score is to be called out verbally by the server before each serve, noting “Game-Point” when necessary.
* At the completion of the match, both Captains are to sign the score sheet to confirm that the attendance and the match scores are accurate and true.
* League standings will be determined by 1) Wins, then 2) Point Differential. In the event of a tiebreaker, the head-to-head record of the teams will be used.
* Standings will be maintained by the league director and posted weekly in each scorebook and an email will be sent to all captains before the next week’s game.
* A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 players can be on a court during active play.
* The point a player may rotate in is at either the service position or entering the front row.
* Late arrival players may enter the game as follows: 5th, or 6th player(s) arrive; they must enter in the back row to the left of the server. 7th or greater player arrives; they can enter at either the service position or the front row only if a complete rotation has not occurred.
* If a full rotation has occurred with a full team of 6 on the court, said late arrival player must sit out until the next set.
* If 5-6 players on the court, at least 2 must be female. If only 3-4 players, at least 1 must be female. Less than 3 players results in a forfeit (may play for fun, mixing players from each team if desired).
* A female player must have at least 1 offensive touch on the ball if 2 or 3 touches are made. Defensive block does not count as a touch. Violation results in side-out with point awarded to opponent.
* There is no service rotation on the first side out.
* During an attempted serve, a ball; having not been touched, may be dropped to the ground allowing for a second attempt of a serve, but only once per serve rotation.
* If an environmental factor has been determined to be a hindrance – i.e., sun in the eyes – the teams will switch sides of the court at the point in the game when either team has scored an accumulative of 10 points.
* The action of an attack or block on a serve is a violation and will result in a side out.
* One 60 second time-out will be allowed per team per set.
* A basic first-aid kit with Band-Aids and ice-packs will be on site.
* League Director- Jakob Fontaine – 860.885.4509 email@example.com
* Sunfox Campground Representative- Jen Nowakowski – 860-908-7085 firstname.lastname@example.org
A maximum of 12 team openings available (8 teams competed in 2022)
Round robin regular season of 11 weeks (play all 11 teams)
Play-offs with top 8 teams (other 4 teams ranked 9-12 play mini-tourney)
Practice night on May 23 (captain’s meeting 1 week prior)
Games begin Tues May 30 and continue through Aug 15 (skipping July 4)
Quarterfinals on Aug 22, with 4 v 5 on court 1, 2 v 7 on court 2 and 3 v 6 on court 3 at 6pm, with 1 v 8 on first open court (be ready to play at 6:30), and mini-tourney 10 vs 11 and 9 v 12 on other 2 courts at 6:30pm (or as soon as open)
Semis on Aug 29 on courts 1 and 2 at 6PM, with 9-12 group 3rd place match on court 3
Finals on Sept 5 at 6PM on court 1, with mini-tourney finals on court 2 (all 2 out of 3 games)
High School Court Nights
On Monday and Wednesday evenings, from June 19 through August 23, local high school volleyball players (boys and girls age 12-18 who will be entering grades 7-12 in the fall of 2023) are invited to join us for instruction, drills, and scrimmage/games. A waiver signed by a parent or guardian is required for all players taking part.
Instruction/Drills: From 6PM until 6:30PM, group instruction, skill development and drills will take place.
Scrimmages/Games: From 6:30PM until 7:30PM, the courts will be utilized for games. Some sessions will involve random team assignments, while others times we will group players with some of their school teammates. A mix of 6 v 6 and 4 v 4 may be played.
Cost: A waiver of liability must be signed by a parent or guardian prior to any play. Options include a full season pass (10 weeks) for $25/player or a pay-per-day fee of $5. Enrollment will be limited to 48 players, with preference given to those who sign up for the full season. Come as often or as little as you wish, but please be on time. Players who show up later than 6:30pm and miss the instructional/skill development session will be charged double.
PARKING –You may park on the stone lot right next to the courts, along the stream beyond the courts, and where the old court used to be. Carpooling is encouraged, and parents are also encouraged to stay and watch.
PLEASE NOTE: Please keep the speed down to a minimum when driving through the neighborhood and into the campground. Please be mindful and respectful of this, as repeat offenders may be excluded from play.